Friday, July 24, 2009

Town Talk Diner

Me and my guest, Mr. H, attended the Town Talk about a year ago. I had heard a lot of good things about it, so on we went. Walking in the door, you are met with...the bar. A long white bar with red leather seats. From what I remember - you cant even see the dining room until you walk down the bar and presto - there is the dining room. The dining room itself is charming - exposed brick and some simple artwork adorns the walls. The lights are quite low, which is a plus in my book. I was however, NOT impressed by the seating. The tables are small and too clsoe together. There is no variety in seating. I can't exactly fault the restaurant for this, since it is my preference to have such variety. However, I think it's usually a smart idea to offer a few different options. Overall, I wasn't too pleased with the atmosphere.We sat down anyways.

The service was so-so. Our waitress was bland, but standard in customer service. We ordered the Frickles first. I have never had a deep fried pickle, and was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. The crunchy texture of the pickle, the warm, greasy fired goodness with the tang of the pickle was very good. It was the best thing we ordered. For our main food, I ordered the Kitchen Sink Burger, and my guest orderd the Brat Burger. They were both mediocore. I was underwhelmed by everything.

It's too bad - because I really WANTED to like this place. But I found the burger to be very standard - nothing stood out about it. My guest did not like his brat burger at all. I don't remember why, but I remember him eating only half of it.I can't really fault or criticize this restaurant in any way, except to say that nothing about it stood out to me. I'm sure plenty of people find it to their complete liking. It just isn't to mine.

http://www.towntalkdiner.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment