Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kramarczuk

I visited Karmaczuk's for my first time (yes! first time and I've been here 12 years!) yesterday, and was completely underwhelmed by it. My guest and I got: Nalesnyky (Crepes stuffed with meat, and topped with melted cheese, served with sour cream and horseradish sauce) and my guest ordered the Chicken Roll (Chicken croquettes stuffed in puffed pastry served with lettuce, tomato & dressing) and both just did not taste good. The Nalesnyky were doused in cheese, and the chicken roll tasted...weird. The meats in each did not resemble the meat that was supposed to be in them. I found it to be very bland and unappealing. The mixed veggies I got on the side tasted pickled. I understand there's an art and appreciation for pickling, but I am not generally a fan of pickled things (besides well...pickles!)

However - I am not ready to write them off forever, as they offer sandwiches and many other tasty looking things. I will need to try at least 2 other things before I make an overall judgement. So be on the lookout for future reviews!

www.kramarczuk.com

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you need to gie them another shot. I went my first time with StB and was blown away. Everything I had or tried was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete