Friday, July 24, 2009

Nick And Eddie's

WARNING: If you like Nick and Eddie's, stop reading now or you will want to kill me if you see me on the streets.

I went to Nick and Eddie's on a night they had a performer there. I went solely to see the performer, and was a bit hungry as well. I started off by sitting at the bar. When i discovered my view of the performer was not ideal sitting so far away, I searched for an empty table. To Nick and Eddie's credit - they were JAM PACKED that night. So I immediately went over to the empty table, and asked a waitress if I could sit there. She dully looked at me and said "I dunno. There's the owner, go ask him.' To which I was a bit taken aback. Maybe some people would have just done that, but I was a little intimidated by some stressful vibes in the place. She eventually went and asked him, and I still stood there for 5 minutes or so.. He came over and said "Hey, if you wanna sit there, go for it!" OK, fair enough. So I sat down, thinking someone might...come and give me a menu? No dice. I had to ask a frantically busy waiter for a menu, who promptly got one, smacked it down on my table, and scurried away. 5 minutes later, I grabbed a different waiter and asked if I could place a food order. He waited on me, but was barely civil.

Let me stop here and say - obviously, customer service is important to me. I realize to some, it is not. I can handle dull service, and still be excited about the food. But this was above and beyond dull. It was...nerve wracking, and I am not a delicate flower by any means.

While I waited, I stepped outside, to which I heard a tall man swearing and yelling about how a customer had complained about his restaurant, and saying insulting things about the customer. I was actually a little scared of the place at this point. My food wasn't great either - I got the baked gnocchi with some cream sauce that was kind of bland. Needless to say, I split after that, and will not go back. That's saying a lot for me, because I have a hard time giving a negative review to anywhere based on one visit, or having eaten one thing.

http://www.nickandeddie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment