Friday, July 24, 2009

Emily's Lebanese Deli

Emily's has been a NE staple (and gem) for many years, and for good reason. The food is simple and fantastic. Everything there is good, but many people come from miles away for the tabouli. I am no tabouli connoisseur, but I do love Emily's. It's nice and grainy from the parsley, tangy, onion-ey and tomato-ey! Yum. The A La Carte menu is much appreciated. You can mix and match anything. I don't believe their version of Spanikopita has feta in it, but nonetheless it's a solid spinach pie. The meat pies are wonderful - doughy and meaty. I can't put my finger on it - but I usually taste a faint nutmeg (?) flavor in the beef and lamb. Mixed with the onion and pine nuts, it's a little piece of heaven. The chicken kabobs are also a winner - nicely spiced and the rice is always great and never overcomplicated, creamy or lukewarm.

One thing I watch out for with Middle Eastern foods is over-spicing. Many times, I find the food too garlicky, tangy or salty. Emily's food is delicately spiced, and not overbearing. The interior offers nothing. It is a small, wooden table and chair place. But it doesn't need to offer any frills - as the food speaks for itself and will continue to uphold Emily's name and reputation for years to come!

http://www.emilyslebanesedeli.com/Home_Page.html

No comments:

Post a Comment