Friday, July 24, 2009

Psycho Suzi's

Cool things about Suzi's

1. Their patio is among one of the best in NE Minneapolis

2. Their pizza is yummy and satisfying. I have not had it for a long time, so forgive the lack of description. However, I remember it being great.

3. They serve a lot of great, MN favorite fried foods. Cheese curds!

4. TOTS! The tots are so good! I don't know what they do. How many ways are there to prepare a tater tot??? How do they get them so crispy and chewy and potatoey? Maybe I have more tot to thank then retaurant.

5. Their sandwich portions are HUGE. It is seriously enough for two to share, and be full. And they are just...delicious. The meats are flavorful, the bread is serious business and the sauces are appropriately applied and not overbearing, or dripping down your arms.

6. They have a kickass jukebox

7. The atmosphere is funky - red and dark.

8. Very strong (and some very large) tiki drinks, with option to buy tiki glass.

9. The location. It's in quite a remote area, so this place is like a gem when lookign for something to do - OTHER than Gabby's.

Not as cool Suzi things

1. It is packed every time I go there.

2. The bar area is small. It's more restaurant-ey, which is ok but not good if you like sitting at a bar area. However, I'm puzzled, as Suzi's was voted number 8 for the "Best Bars" list in the latest Vita.mn. Can someone tell me why? I understand the look of the place is appealing and funky...but that does not a great bar make, in my drinker brain.

3. It has a little attitude to it. Customer service is ok - no rude attitudes or overly peppy staff yet experienced by moi.

.4. The parking lot. It's nice that they have parking, but it's small and tricky to maneuver.

Overall - I would give this 3 out of 5 stars. Not my first choice because it is always so full, but definitely one of the biggest and best sandwiches I have had ANYWHERE in NE Mpls.

http://www.psychosuzis.com/

2 comments:

  1. You just go at the popular times. Psycho Suzie's has been slow when I've gone there. But then again, I usually end up with one of the giant drinks and I'm there all day trying to sober up (or walking across the street to Jaro's for Greenies). I'm glad to hear you liked the food though. It really is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to Jaro's! That's something, considering I've lived here for 12 years. I was totally jealous of your Geisha drink at Suzi's! MUST HAVE!!!

    ReplyDelete