Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Savories - Stillwater, MN

I'm all about the quaint cafe experience when it comes to the lunch, so we chose Savories for our cafe in Stillwater. From the outside, it looks to be a quaint little cafe. They have a delicious looking sandwich on their lunch menu (dijon chicken, jambon, and gruyere pressé; mustard rubbed chicke, smoked ham, sweet onions and gruyere, wrapped and pressed = $11) so we went in, despite it being 1030 AM on a Sunday.

The decor is very bistro and quaint. Our server explained that lunch didn't begin until around noon, which was a huge bummer. But we opted to just stay and order from the breakfast menu, which consisted of maybe 6 things. She described the specials (french toast with apricot crumble e.t.c.) and also that they had different mimosa's on special. I love anything mimosa, so we ordered one lavendar and one elderflower mimosa at $3 apiece.

Since this place was a little bit expensive, we opted to share. We ordered the Crespelles St. Chapelle (a threesome of tender homemade crepes stuffed with creamy herbed ricotta, ham, mushrooms and caramelized leeks topped with a roasted tomato cream = $11.95) and sipped our mimosas while waiting. The lavendar mimosa was a bit too perfumey for me, and the elderflower a bit more sweet. We waited around 10 minutes for our food to come, and I was regretful when I saw how much it was when shared. I was quite hungry, and even thoguh Mr. H had already had a few doughnuts at the hotel, he ate every last bite of his.



The crepes themselves were lovely - soft and the herb tomato sauce was tangy and creamy. My big disappointment was that there really wasn't enough of it, and I left hungry, with a $30 bill to boot. (which i can't really blame Savories for.)

Overall, I would go back if I wanted a great and somewhat expensive lunch experience. I don't recommend splitting anything, or going here if you are super hungry.

http://www.savoriesbistro.com/index.html


No comments:

Post a Comment