Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Suzi's : Part 2.

On a sunny, breezy Tuesday afternoon, I found myself with the lunch dilemma. Grilled cheese at home? With havarti! Or Uncle Franky's down the street? Or...Suzi's lunch special? Yes. Being to Suzi's many times, I'll say I've always liked Suzi's. Let's say I like Suzi as more than a friend. We flirt from time to time. I was feeling amorous. I also haven't had the pizza for years, and found myself curious after just re-watching the triple D segment. So off I went, into the lunch-ey specialness.

Not having been to Suzi's much during the day, I was more appreciative of the details this time around. (forgive my crappy cell phone pics please.)

We all know it's a nice funky little place. We are in agreement on what's entertaining. I appreciate this.
Suzi's lunch specials are very simple. They have: A) a personal sized pizza with mozarella, and choice of 2 toppings for $6.85, a buck each extra. Side salad if you want, for $1.65. Or B) a half sandwich combo, with soup or salad for around the same price. I, of course, opted for the pizza, and side salad. On the pizza, you choose tomato sauce, white sauce or BBQ sauce. I chose: a chicken, spinach and tomato pizza with white wine garlic sauce and salad with Italian dressing. For my breakdown, I will do great and not so great, ala my previous Psycho Suzi's review!

Great things about Suze (see we are that close now.)

1. The side salad was great. I'm picky about salads. I do not appreciate iceberg letdowns, or hodge podge overloads. This one is mixed greens, crutons, tomatoes, onions. And it's firm and fresh tasting. The italian is strong and zesty - alone it is very strong, but the salad is the perfect skin to absorb and balance this. Bonus points for serving it in a wooden bowl!

(those are crutons, not cheese. crappy cell phone!)


2. The pizza (which I could not get a decent pic of) is good. It is ooey-gooey cheesy alright. And the crust is not thin, but it is light and not greasy at all. Bonus BONUS points for the cornmeal incorporated into the crust, making little crispy bread-crumb like bits in your mouth. Pizza Hut also does this, which I will shamelessly say I am a fan of. Good work!

3. The vinyl roller chair I had. I was comfortable and satisfied. No easy feat for me and restaurant seating.

4. The waitress wasn't annoying or rude. She kept me filled up with diet coke. Good 'nuff for me.

5. It's fun to look at the decor, and all the tiki glasses.

Not so great things about Suzi's

1. The white wine garlic sauce was bland. I found myself wanting more...garlic? I know white sauces tend to be mild, and maybe it was my fault for ordering 3 toppings to compete with it. Maybe it's my fault I'm not Les Stroud. Regardless, the toppings were kind of blah as well. The chicken was in big chunks, appealing to the eye for sure. But not seasoned enough. The tomato was balnd (i will get sun dried next time) and the spinach was spinach. I put some crushed reds on there to kick it up. Next time, I will be sure to try a red sauce.

2. The parking. Having a parking lot is cool, but not if you are uncomfortable in tight spaces.

3. They don't have the geisha drink that I want anymore.

That's about it! Suzi, we will rendevous again.

http://www.psychosuzis.com/

2 comments:

  1. Aggghhh!!!! Now I'm hungry for Psycho Suzi's again. I want to try a couple of their pizzas to get a good grasp of what they've got. I've only had one pizza there and it was really good. The BBQ sandwich is one of the best I've ever had as well, so consider that next time, if that's your thing. I'm bummed about the geisha drink as well. I'm glad I got it when I did (both of them). Maybe it will be on special again sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever want to go, let me know! I live right there.

    ReplyDelete